Two newly-surfaced shows, though with some snags (Fresno '78 and Philadelphia '81)

Post here if you have any audio/video tapes (eg. Cassette/VHS) or unaltered transfers uncirculated or circulated (your copy may be lower gen/better quality)
Arivaca

Two newly-surfaced shows, though with some snags (Fresno '78 and Philadelphia '81)

Postby Arivaca » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:21 am

Found some recently-uploaded clips on YouTube from one of the shows at the JFK Stadium in Philadelphia in 1981, so either September 25th or 26th, where Journey opened for the Rolling Stones after George Thorogood and the Destroyers. Only four songs uploaded, but interesting to find a newly-surfaced one. The uploader's brother recorded these.

Where Were You: Register to view links
Don't Stop Believin': Register to view links
Wheel in the Sky: Register to view links
Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin': Register to view links

And as more of an aside, since I don't know where to find the show currently, but another uncirculated show that did not seem to be mentioned on this forum was from the Selland Arena in Fresno on Feb. 26, 1978, where Journey opened for Santana, who I think also had their set recorded and uploaded to the channel. The concert was uploaded by FresnoMediaRestoration, but unfortunately the channel doesn't seem to exist anymore; not sure of the reasons as to why or when exactly it closed, but it did have lots of fantastic-quality recordings from the same venue of various artists from that period, such as Van Halen, Heart, Ted Nugent, and others. The link to the full concert was Register to view links. Their channel was still around in November, at the very least, since the page was archived Register to view links. Not sure who owned the channel to find out why it closed, a shame since it was a huge trove of rare shows.

Loneman1

Re: Two newly-surfaced shows, though with some snags (Fresno '78 and Philadelphia '81)

Postby Loneman1 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:06 pm

Whoa, cool find!! Always a great day when a new Journey show surfaces!! Hopefully the other 12 songs he mentions in the description of one of the videos gets posted!

Thats a real shame about the channel that had the Fresno '78 show, that dude really did have some great stuff posted on there!! :(

techtuts
Site Admin

Re: Two newly-surfaced shows, though with some snags (Fresno '78 and Philadelphia '81)

Postby techtuts » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:10 am

I have the Selland Arena Fresno show downloaded, I can upload it to MEGA in the next few days.
Infact I archived most of the videos on that channel, if you want any in particular I can upload them.

Nice find on the 1981 show, I have contacted the youtuber to see if he can share the full show

Loneman1

Postby Loneman1 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:48 am

I downloaded the Fresno '78 show as well, just haven't gotten around to splitting it into separate tracks yet. Bummer he never got back to you about working something out to get you a direct copy from his master......he did have the master right?

techtuts
Site Admin

Postby techtuts » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:01 pm

Loneman1 wrote:I downloaded the Fresno '78 show as well, just haven't gotten around to splitting it into separate tracks yet. Bummer he never got back to you about working something out to get you a direct copy from his master......he did have the master right?
The Fresno guy did respond but said he didn't want to share the master, only the youtube version unfortunately.

Loneman1

Postby Loneman1 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:08 am

Ah, that was it. Major shame, but I guess lossy YouTube rip is definitely better than nothing!! That's the earliest Perry fronted Journey show we have!!

chaseharlann03

Postby chaseharlann03 » Thu May 06, 2021 12:48 am

i managed to get the youtube to post more of his philly show from 1981, ill convince him for a master soon
chaseharlann

techtuts
Site Admin

Postby techtuts » Thu May 06, 2021 3:20 pm

chaseharlann03 wrote:i managed to get the youtube to post more of his philly show from 1981, ill convince him for a master soon
That's great, he didn't respond to my message. Hopefully he will upload the master for us.

Register to view links (lossy youtube copy), untracked at the moment. Included the original video, AAC and Opus/Ogg audio and description.
I think it needs a slight speed correction, will upload a remaster/tracked version at some point.

chaseharlann03

Postby chaseharlann03 » Sat May 29, 2021 2:38 am

how do i open this show?
chaseharlann

techtuts
Site Admin

Postby techtuts » Sat May 29, 2021 10:12 pm

chaseharlann03 wrote:how do i open this show?
foobar2000 or VLC should work on PC, though I haven't separated the tracks so its just all in one audio file.

Return to “Bootleg Collection”